The key to success is to start early so that all parts of your application will reach us by the deadline of March 1, 2017.
The online application has four parts:
- Personal Information;
- Short Essays (2)
- Financial Information of Student and Parents
- Certification of Accuracy / Materials Release Form
The following information is also required as part of your application:
- Two Letters of Recommendation:
- Contact the people whom you will ask for a recommendation and provide them with a copy of the Guidelines for Letters of Recommendation. Please note: one letter of recommendation must be from a teacher or counselor who is familiar with your academic and performance abilities. The second letter should be submitted by someone who supervised you in an extracurricular activity such as a student club, sport, or volunteer organization, who has employed you or who knows you well in another context. Letters of recommendation should be sent as an attachment directly from the letter writer's e-mail account to email@example.com .
Be sure that the people you ask to write your recommendations know that their letters must be received by our deadline of March 1, 2017, in order to be considered.
Provide an official high school transcript that verifies a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher, or, if you are applying as a college student, a transcript from your current college that verifies a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher or 2.5 if you are applying after your freshman year.
- SAT and/or ACT Scores
If you have taken the SAT or ACT or both, submit an official copy of your total score(s).
- One Page SAR (Student Aid Report) showing EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) from FAFSA or CA Dream Act
Complete your FAFSA or CA Dream Act report early so you will receive your report with the amount of your EFC in time to include a copy of the report with this scholarship application. If you are not a citizen you will not be eligible for federal student aid. If you completed the CA Dream Act application last year you should complete the CA Dream Act application because you may be eligible for state or college aid. If you did NOT submit a CA Dream Act application last year, please consult your advisor for the best current advice about the wisdom of applying for Dream Act funding.
The application is now available at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/. This should be done in time to include a copy of your EFC with this scholarship application.
- Personal Photo.
Upload a recent high-resolution digital photo of yourself (at least l MB) to your student account. Most phone camera pictures are the correct resolution. Upload your photo "actual size" to insure it will be large enough. Your application is not complete until we receive your photo.
Please scan and upload the requested documents listed in items 2 through 5 to your account. Documents received after the deadline of March 1, 2017, will not be accepted.